Merit Scholar Practice Tests
Here are the Merit Schlar practice tests, these are to help you for the real Merit Scholar Test during Nationals.
BPA Fact Sheet (study guide)
Head: Pat Hanlon
Members: Taran Loper, Alyssa Allen
Purpose: To recognize individual members and advisors for their knowledge of Business Professionals of America and to motivate all members and advisors to learn as much as possible about the history, traditions, programs, and activities of the organization.
All members of this committee are working on updating the practice test from last year.
The practice test is designed to replicate the test at Nationals, enableing our members to have a higher chance at achieving the Merit Scholar.
Any paid member including advisors attending the National Leadership Conference may earn the BPA Merit Scholar award by achieving a minimum 85 percent on an objective test (true/false and multiple choice questions). This general contest is not part of the competitive events program; the BPA Merit Scholar award is part of the Special Recognition Awards Program offered to members.
2/17/11- UPDATE: We have broken down the main test into 5-6 smaller test and plan on emailing the tests out or providing a link for the A4 class and whoever else would like to participate to start practicing on the Merit Scholar information. All members attending Nationals will be required to take this test during Open Events.
7. All meeting dates and summary of meetings: N/A
9. What is the due date or event date of this committee? N/A
Merit Scholar Award Description
Advisor Notes from Mrs. K
The Merit Scholar Exam View Test bank can be found on the BPA laptop in the front of the room. Follow these steps:
- Make sure the laptop is loged in as Mrs. K
- Open Exam View Pro using the icon on the desktop.
- Select "Open an Existing Question Bank"
- Open "merit scholar" bank from the Q drive in the merit scholar folder.
- Edit/update the questions in the bank.
To make a new test please follow these steps:
- Open Exam View Pro
- Select "Create a new test using a wizard"
- Follow the instructions on the wizard.
- Change the location of the test bank to the merit scholar test.
- Choose the Merit Scholar test bank icon and double click it to select it.
- Click "Select all" to choose all the test questions.
- Choose Next.
- Choose Finish.
- Save the new test in the merit scholar folder on the Q drive. Put it into the 2011 folder.
To publish the link online to the merit scholar page on our BPA website please follow these steps:
- Open the test you created in the 2011 folder.
- Click File and then Publish Internet Test.
- Name the test and choose "Save test files to your local hard drive".
- On Step 3 select "Publish a Test" and check the box so it will show the score to the students.
- Change the email address to the committee head's email address so all results will be emailed to the committee head.
- Click Next and Choose Save. Change the file location to the Q drive and save in the 2011 folder.
- Let Mrs. K know the files are ready to upload to the BPA website so she can generate a link for you to post.