Lake City High School Mission Statement
The mission of Lake City High School is to provide every student an academically excellent education.
It is the vision of Lake City High School to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, skilled and caring young people who contribute to and succeed in a better, more peaceful world.
- Lake City High School is dedicated to establishing and maintaining a superior learning environment that instills pride and tradition.
- Lake City High School meets individual student needs through myriad ways, ranging across the core curriculum, a wide variety of electives, Special Services, the Honors Academy, the Fine Arts Academy, and Professional Technical Programs.
- Lake City High School offers diverse courses which are aligned to both the district curriculum and the state standards. Instruction is data driven and the AB Rollover Block Schedule allows in-depth exploration of important concepts.
- Lake City High School places a high priority on the development of responsible citizenship including a thorough understanding of our national, historic and cultural heritage.
- Lake City High School is committed to the highest standards of respect, responsibility, integrity, fairness, honesty and a principled life.
- Lake City High School encourages students to understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
- In partnership with the community, this school operates in an environment where mutual trust, creativity and dignity are enhanced as we work cooperatively to achieve our goals.
- Student learning is the chief priority of the school.
- All students can learn and become responsible decision-makers.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social personal and intellectual needs, strengths and abilities.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches, activities and assessments.
- Student success is a result of closely defined performance goals and a commitment to producing quality work.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process and have appropriate opportunities for success.
- A student’s self-worth is enhanced by responsible behavior, positive relationships and mutual respect within the Lake City High School community.
- A safe, wholesome, stimulating and productive learning environment is basic to learning.
- An environment conducive to education is created by maintaining discipline founded on mutual respect of the individual.
- A cultural diversity can increase a student’s understanding of different peoples and cultures.
- Students should be prepared to be productive members of society.
- Communication skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing – should be developed across the curriculum.
- Technology should be regularly used as a tool for management of instruction, a tool for learning, and to enhance communication.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, life-long learners.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, students and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.